Find out if you are eligible for energy bill discounts
Households on low incomes or receiving certain benefits may be eligible for energy bill discounts.
Search www.gov.uk for advice on heating and housing benefits.
You can talk to the following local organisations to help
- Fuel debt Get help and support with paying your fuel bills from your nearest advice centre. For details see www.advicenottingham.org.uk or call Citizens Advice Nottingham on 0300 330 5457
- Insulation, heating, energy switching and energy advice Get support and advice on boiler and insulation grants to reduce your fuel bills from NEP’s Healthy Housing Service. For details go to www.healthy-housing-service.com or call the team on 0115 985 3009
- Free energy saving products and smart meter sessions For the over 60’s, reduce your energy bills with a free home energy check which includes the fitting of energy saving products. Call Age UK Notts on 0115 859 9260 or for details visit www.ageuk.org.uk/notts
- Cold rented accommodation Landlords must comply with the latest domestic energy efficiency standards and housing regulations by law. Please contact the customer hub or Safer Housing on 0115 915 2020 or [email protected]
- Impartial and independent advice to help you
This government funded website has been developed to help people save energy and money around the home.