* How can Age UK Notts help you? *
As your largest local charity supporting older people, we want to support you to enjoy later life and give you access to relevant services.
Below are four FREE services to help you save money and stay safe.
More money coming in…
1) Benefits check: Have you recently been assessed for benefits?
If not, please get in touch. We helped over 650 older people last year gain nearly £2.2m in benefits! A short assessment by one of our friendly team can find out if you are entitled to any benefits and help you apply.
Less money going out…
2) Save money on energy bills: How much are you paying?
On average people save £280 on an annual energy bill, when moving from a standard tariff. Ofgem, the government’s regulator of electricity and gas suppliers in the UK, encourages consumers to compare tariffs to get a better deal. We can help you do a comparison to see how much you could save by switching!
Become a priority…
3) Help during a power cut: Are you on the Priority Services Register? By answering a few short questions, our friendly team can give you access to the Priority Services Register, a government-led initiative to help older and disabled people receive help during a power cut.
4) Avoiding scams: Can you recognise a scam?
We can give advice on how to recognise and deal with online, doorstep, phone and mail scams and what action can be taken to protect yourself from scammers, and what to do if you think you have been scammed.
Contact us: T: 0115 8599 209 E: [email protected]