We use a system called Patient Triage which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
Please note that once all available appointments have been taken you will need to retry via Patient Triage on a day you are free. Please only put a request in through Patient Triage on a day when you are able to be seen.
For all urgent requests after Patient Triage has closed, please call the surgery reception on 0115 9423759.
- We will usually get back to you within an hour (after 5pm it might be the next day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone or secure message
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face appointment the same day
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
Patient Triage is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use Patient Triage:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need
For more information about how to use Patient Triage, please see these links:
Patient Triage: Patient guide | Accurx Help Centre
Patient Triage: NHS App Patient Guide | Accurx Help Centre